Experience required for the Job: 5 - 8 years
Job Location: Bengaluru/Bangalore, Hyderabad
SQL Server DBA Job Requirements:
The Open Systems DBA team is looking for a Sr. SQL Server DBA with minimum of 5 years of experience in database administration to support in-house and COTS applications. Production support experience in SQL Server 2005, SSIS packages, database mirroring and log shipping are critical requirements for this position. The candidate must have a background in 24X7 production on-call support, SQL Server database performance monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, database security, T-SQL development, stored procedures, and database backup and recovery. Additionally, the incumbent must be a good team player with a strong team concept, process oriented, and self motivated. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Job Description for MS SQL server DBA
Experienceof Windows 2000 , Windows 2003 and windows XP Server
Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
Knowledge of Security and network components.
Knowledge and experience in creating scripts for backing up data
Proficiency with T-SQL language including writing and debugging stored procedures,user defined functions, DDL scripting, and DML triggers, and writing ad-hoc SQL queries.
knowledge and hands on experience of SQL Server database backup/recovery using SQL server backup utility and/or other database backup tools.
Experience of using SQL profiler(Trace) or other monitoring tools to monitor database transaction activity and utilization ?
Experience with data loading tools such as BCP, DTS package ?
Experience with setting up and trouble-shooting various SQL server replication methods, i.e. Transactional-based replication. ?
Experience using SQL tuning adviser tools to tune SQL queries and database objects ?
Experience with SQL Cluster environment installation and configuration. ?
Experience with SQL server configuration parameters to tune SQL server performance ?
- Knowledge of Windows 2000 , Windows 2003 and windows XP Server
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Access 2000 and Microsoft Access 2003
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
- Knowledge of Security and network components.
- Knowledge and experience in creating scripts for backing up data
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer
- Knowledge of SQL Server Report Services
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and DNS
- Advanced knowledge of SMTP
Experience in supporting the systems that use Microsoft SQL Server as a data repository.df-tc
Please send your updated profile to firstname.lastname@example.org