EPS - CORE SUPPORT ENGINEERvfirstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Global Technical Support Centre
Established in October of 2003 in India, GTSC is part of Microsoft"s Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization which has locations throughout the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Greater China.
Microsoft"s CSS organization supports over 170 Microsoft products, which range from the Consumer to Enterprise customer segments. This includes technical products from Developer Support and Enterprise Platform Support to Enterprise Messaging Support and Enterprise Business Applications Support. The site in Bangalore is a part of a global network that has over 50 million customer touch points on an annual basis and provides services to the Consumer and Enterprise customer segments.
For more details regarding India GTSC, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/
Designation: Support Engineer
As a member of the Core team in Platform Support, you will be responsible for delivering OS support for Microsoft enterprise customers, primarily based out of north America. This would include phone as well as remote support. As an incumbent, you will be required to deliver timely and high quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
* Supporting Enterprise customers on phone and remotely
* Scoping and documenting customer scenarios, potential causes and troubleshooting steps
* Effectively communicating with customers and stakeholders via, phone, email or any other available means
* Assess self knowledge and collaborate or escalate as needed
* Pro-actively work towards self development and sharing knowledge
* Ensuring compliance with schedules; processes and MS policies and values
Qualification & experience:
* Three years of experience in working on MicrosoftÂ® Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Servers
* MCSE - Windows 2000
* Good Communication Skills in spoken and written English
* Prior customer support experience
* MCSE - Windows 2003
* Technology Certifications - Cisco, Novell, Unix, Security etc.
* Prior technical phone/remote support experience
Technical Skills & experience:
* Basic hardware and peripheral troubleshooting
* Installation configuring & troubleshooting Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista in standalone and server environment
* Backup, Storage and recovery
* Basic understanding of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, Routing, Antivirus, Firewalls etc.
OPTIONAL for CORE
Strong Experience in any of the following technologies:
* Backup, Storage & DR Technologies
* Windows Clustering
* Virtual PC, Virtual Server, VMWARE
* Memory Management, Windows Registry, Blue Screen
Reporting to: Team Manager
The position requires working in EVENING / NIGHT SHIFTS and provides VOICE-BASED SUPPORT